Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have Dunn with ZX390 and it starts runs a few seconds and

Customer Question

Hi...I have Taylor Dunn with ZX390 and it starts runs a few seconds and dies like you shut it off. When you turn the starter to restart it sounds like there's no compression. Then after a couple of tries you can hear the compression is back and it starts. Only to repeat. Does the governor have any effect?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes new fuel pump, carb and fresh fuel
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes this is a race shop and I think we're equipped
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not sure....
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I think it has a sticking valve! Valve sticks, you loose compression, then after it cools for a few seconds ,valve closes and you have compression again.I would think valves need to be removed and guides ad stems checked. I see nothing that makes me think governor would do this.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?