Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an GT2654 with a briggs engine, runs with no load but

Customer Question

I have an GT2654 with a briggs engine, runs with no load but overfuels when I engage mower deck
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2008 Husqvarna GT2654
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can't think of anything.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

You say it over fuels? Or is it stalling out or loosing power? This would be twin engine, jave yo ran a cylinder balance test? Loosen the spark plug wires, and with engine idling, remove one wire at a time, and if engine dies, when one wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. Check t for spark and compression. Is this Kohler engine?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is a Briggs twin 26 HP the wires are good and both cylinders are firing, it runs good with no load. when you engage the deck the engine overfuels and tries to die , if you throttle back and pinch the fuel line it will quit belching black smoke and smooth out.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Right now I'm $5 in and not sure I want to spend more money without a little more info pointing me in a direction.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Curtis B are you still there??
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Let me opt out, have to go to Dr appointment. Maybe someone else can pickup up. sorry.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see no one replied! I am back! Where are you pinching the fuel line? Do you have the standard pulse fuel pump, no one has added an electric fuel pump? From what you describe, the governor is adding more fuel by opening the carburetor to maximum, because of the load applied. With fuel line pinched, does the engine lack in power?