Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I can not get my Kubota zd221 mower to start. The first 2

Customer Question

Hi, I can not get my Kubota zd221 mower to start. The first 2 lights come on, as well as a clicking sound. Is there a way to bypass the brake switch if that is the problem>
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes, I have fuel. Last year they told me that maybe the safety brake switch was acting up. I had one problem with that, just had to press really hard to get it started but then never had another problem with it. Now, after its been sitting all winter, it wont even cut on. Is there a way to disconnect that to see if that switch has gone bad?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that's all.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

If you are getting a click, the safety switch is good. You will want to jump the starter solenoid and see if machine turns over or starts

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The starter is new. I went out and it sparked but didn't get it started. We just got it back from getting the cylinder head replaced. That wouldn't have done anything to it??
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

how many prongs are on the plug of the seat switch?