Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

I acquired a Honda GX630 straight shaft motor. I want to

Customer Question

I acquired a Honda GX630 straight shaft motor. I want to convert it to a tapered crankshaft, to drive a mecc alte 10kw (13kw peak) generator head. do I need a "generator' speed governor for it as well?
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Honda GX630 GCBFK-1005666 TXA2
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES, I am an aircraft mechanic by trade. Not a small engine mechanic, but well within my skill sets. Just need info. Like parts number of the tapered crankshaft, & whether or not I need to change the governor, and or other changes I need to do.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That the generator head originally came out of a Northstar Gen set, driven by a Honda GX630.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 9 days ago.

Hello, the cranks should be the same with the difference being straight or tapered and length. See pto options.http://engines.honda.com/models/model-detail/gx630