Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a brand new Ariens sowblower and when I tried to use

Customer Question

I have a brand new Ariens sowblower and when I tried to use the pull rope to start it seemed like it was locked up. Electric starter would not turn it either?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes, brand new machine, new fuel, lever in proper position but can not pull the crank rope
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not if it is something major
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No,
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 16 days ago.

Remove spark plug and see if it may have fluid on top of the piston. Spin engine with plug removed to clear the cylinder.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My issue is that I can not get starter to turn engine nor will the pull rope move. Seems like it is frozen but brought it inside to thaw but that was not the issue.Still can not get rope to release and turn the engine. It is like it is locked up
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 16 days ago.

did you remove the spark plug?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 days ago.

I see question is still open, did you find problem?