Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My husband did not do as he was supposed to do at beginning

Customer Question

my husband did not do as he was supposed to do at beginning of snow season. We have 12 inches on ground and he cannot start it.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: fuel left over from last year
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: any ideas to get it started
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: he has only had machine since 2015. Little use last year not too much snow
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Can he remove the carburetor float bowl and clean the old gas from it, and see if gas is flowing into the carburetor bowl? It likley is stuck, keeping gas from the cylinder. Next would be to remove the spark plug, and put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the cylinder, install a new spark plug , if you have one, and see if blower will start.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open, did you get it going?