Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a troy bilt 2840 snowblower it starts but seems to

Customer Question

i have a troy bilt 2840 snowblower it starts but seems to have a fuel flow problem need ideas how to fix this
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hopefully yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i have had th carb off cleaned it put back together and it runs,,,after a min or so it runs rough....i removed the carb bowl,,,and the float is free but gas stops running after 30 seconds or so even with the bowl remobed
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

Are you saying that your fuel flow stops after thirty seconds, even when your fuel bowl is removed?

Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

Let's start by checking to see if your fuel cap is at fault. Sometimes your fuel cap can prevent your fuel tank from venting.