Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

How can I clean out the clogged fuel line in my 19-inch Toro

Customer Question

How can I clean out the clogged fuel line in my 19-inch Toro snow blower?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just the last couple of days - following filling the empty tank in preparation to remove snow from my driveway. I have followed the usual procedures: punching primer three times while choke lever is far right, then pulling the recoil-type starter cord repeatedly, etc.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm willing to try, but am willing to acknowledge if the job requires more expertise or tools than I have - to take it to a local small engine dealer.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: The snow blower in question is a SNAPPER, Model # LE3190R, Series O - if that helps. I've owned the blower 8-10 years but bought it used from local SNAPPER dealer. Both he and I have used it only modestly because, for example, three of the last five winters didn't include enough snowfall to require its use. Without removing the metal shroud that covers most of the machine, I can't tell if the motor is Briggs & Stratton or other brand.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I removed the spark plug (it's clean); sprayed starter mist into chamber; replaced plug and refastened plug wire; still not starting. I've read through the original owner/operator's manual, including the "troubleshooting" pages, but have not been able to start it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 month ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

1st check for spark at the plug