Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My primer button is leaking out fuel of center hole, Just

Customer Question

My primer button is leaking out fuel of center hole
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just started
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes clean fuel stops when i shut off valve
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 14 days ago.

Has engine been run or is it new. The carburetor has a stuck needle valve nd float, and the fuel is running through the carburetor. If bower is new, and never used, do you want to work on it, or it needs to go back to store!

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 14 days ago.

Has engine been run or is it new. The carburetor has a stuck needle valve and float, and the fuel is running through the carburetor. If bower is new, and never used, do you want to work on it, or it needs to go back to store!

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Motor ran last year it runs now but leaking out of center of button while running
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 14 days ago.

Carburetor needs a good cleaning, may just need to remove the carburetor float bowl and clean the float and the needle valve. Here is typical carburetor.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok i will try it
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 14 days ago.

OK>

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 days ago.

I see question is still open, please rate to close.