Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a new snowblower. The engine won't start. It is brand

Customer Question

I have a new snowblower. The engine won't start. It is brand new. What am I doing wrong??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Can you remove the spark plug and check for spark with the plug grounded while trying to start? If there is no spark, check the on/off switch , it may be grounding out the spark. If there is spark, put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the cylinder, re-install the spark plug and see if the engine starts.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it was worthless. The real answer would have been to drain the gas, replace it, and try again. Wow, it worked!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I was new! Why did it have old gas in it! Did you put contaminated gas in it? Sounds like it!