Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have a ariens 724 snowblower. Won't start. I have the fuel

Customer Question

Have a ariens 724 snowblower. Won't start. I have the fuel valve vertical (open?), choke on full, plastic key in full, engine speed on slow. Using electric cord to start. Engine turns over fine but engine does not fire. I can't smell any gas but tank is half full. Suggestions?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: The shutoff is vertical. Is this the open position? Fuel had stabil added this last spring.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: My wife ... I'm a paraplegic. By work do you mean clearing the snow or fixing the blower ..
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Do I have all the controls set properly?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 days ago.

Remove the spark plug, and put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will start. If it starts and dies, the carburetor is not passing fuel. Remove fuel line at the carburetor and see if fuel is flowing. If it is, problem is at the carburetor. Can you remove the carburetor bowl and check the float and needle valve?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The snowblower has seen little use, stabil added to fuel, can't tell if its not getting feul or no spark.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 days ago.

That's why you need to put fuel direct into the cylinder, or see if it will fire on starting fluid.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 days ago.

I see question is still open, please rate to close the question!