Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Our Kubota outfront mower cuts out after mowing for about an

Customer Question

Our Kubota outfront mower cuts out after mowing for about an hour. Sometimes it starts straight away then other times it takes ages. There is usually a black plumb of smoke when it restarts.The fuel solonoid seems to be operating okay. Thanks Kevin
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: The mower is used on a golf course and we fill the tank daily and the shut off valve has been checked and is working okay. We will get a wiring diagram and check through that.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We have a retired mechanic that helps out when required
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I will get back to you if we have no success tomorrow. Our local kubota agent is hours away
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

What is the model number? Diesel engine I assume? The fuel solenoid should be slipped back, when it quits and won't start, just to be sure it is not closing off the fuel.

I see question is still pen, did you see my response?