Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I've just replaced the diaphragm and gasket on my lawn

Customer Question

I've just replaced the diaphragm and gasket on my lawn mower. The engine starts first pull but then stops. I give it another prime and it starts straight away but then stop after a few seconds. When I get it started, if I keep squirting fuel in with the priming button, I can keep it running but it stops as soon as I do. the flapper on the dynamo is loose and seems to be working.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: The tank was empty while I did the job and I've filled it with fresh fuel. There is no shut off valve on this B&S engine.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: All done.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of. Does it take some time for the fuel intake to fill after it's been completely empty and dry?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 3 months ago.

What are the model and type numbers for your engine? I am led to believe that your carburetor is still at fault, although you have replaced your diaphragm and gasket. You will need to do some additional cleaning, or replace your carburetor. Please take a look at the information below.

Carburetor Information - Click Here

Expert:  Donald replied 3 months ago.

Let me know if your carburetor is similar to the carburetor in the images. You and I can continue from here.