John Oliver
John Oliver,
Experience:  manager at White Eagle Ag and Truck Services
93794869

For my MTD Snow Blower, Mod # 315E610E000 - what are the

For my MTD Snow Blower, Mod # 315E610E000 - what are the optimum carburator fuel control settings? The machine will run but rough and must be choked.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just this fall/winter
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I cleaned the carburator out last winter as it would not start. It ran fine thereafter until this winter. I would first like to know what the factory recommended fuel/air ratio settings are.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** me look this up for you and i will reply back in a couple minutes

does this have a tecumseh engine?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

without the specif numbers of the engine i cant look into detail but.... i believe this engine is new enough where as the carb is jetted and non adjustable. the load screw adjustment would be at the bottom of the fuel bowl. do you have an adjusting screw or just a plug there?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Has an adjustement screw

ok then glad i asked

start by screwing the needle screw in until it seats. then back it out 1 1/4 turn. start engine and run at high idle. turn screw in until engine stumbles. turn screw out until engine stumbles and adjust screw in between

there is no exact set point because of different fuels used in different climates and different applications

one more thought on this..... are you using a high or low grade of fuel? with or without ethanol?

the newer ethanol fuel id very very hard on small engine carbs, especially when it sits in the machine for an extended amount of time. draining the gas is even worse. it eats away at the aluminum and brass and will leave deposits. i strongly recommend running an ethanol free high grade fuel to help stop this issue from happening. There is an additive i highly recommend for your issue called "sea foam"

it works amazing on this issue and sometimes saves you from having to take apart the carb.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I'm not sure what grade, but would assume 85 octane without ethanol. It is last yea'rs gas without stabilizer and could possibly have heavy deposits. The machine actually belongs to a neighbor.

depending on your area.... in upstate NY we have had ethanol for a few years now in our lower grade fuel. i would try the sea foam first and see if that helps

if there is anything else i can help you with feel free to ask.....

if your satisfied with the answers please take a moment to rate the service and ill close out the case

thank you and have a fantastic new year (hopfully you will not need that blower to much)

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
There is an adjustment screw on the top side of the carb-not sure what it is, but would like an "average" setting for it, please.

oops almost forgot about that one sorry

1 1/2 turns out from bottom

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I intend to set carb adjustments as you specify and see how it runs - if still rough, I'll replace the fuel with fresh fuel and give it another whirl. If that doesn't work I'll probably be back. Thanks for your help!

anytime

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The adjustments on the carb worked -it starts and runs fine. Thanks so much!

fantastic! good job

hope you had a great weekend. when you have a second can you rate the service so as i can close out the case?

thank you so much

are you all set on this case? can i close it?