Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Ariens 60 Max. Started it up and drove out of the

Customer Question

I have a Ariens 60 Max. Started it up and drove out of the garage, I heard a clunk and it stalled. It barely turns over about a half a turn. Like it has back pressure. The back wheels are tied up. And I can't release them with the release levers.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: I have fuel in the tank, the mower has hydraulic back pressure.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Maybe,
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think it is the pump, but I don't know. It is only 3.5 years old. And I am the original owner, and it has always been garage kept. It only has 62 hours on the hour meter. I have changed the oil every 20 hours, and the hydraulic oil is still clear.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 18 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 18 days ago.

How long has it been since you last used your mower, prior to our problem occurring?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Just a couple earlier with no issues.
Expert:  Donald replied 18 days ago.

Thanks for your response. I would like for you to try something when you have a chance.

Expert:  Donald replied 18 days ago.

Remove your spark plugs, then turn your key to start position to spin your engine. Let's see if your engine spins freely.

Expert:  Donald replied 18 days ago.

Check to see if fuel spews out of your cylinders.

Expert:  Donald replied 18 days ago.

Make sure your spark plug wires do not come in contact with any gas that may possibly spew out.