JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I am trying to replace impeller in a briiggs/sear snow

Customer Question

I am trying to replace impeller in a briiggs/sear snow blower. i have the two part of blower apart but cannot see how to proceed and remove the impellar.Large wheel on back of auger houseing is what i am talking about
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just got it apart a couple minutes ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no .I saw a utube vid on an aries blower but the drive wheel for impeller attaches differently omn this one
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you provide the model and serial number from the frame of the machine so that I can better assist you?

What brand of machine is this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

The model and serial of the snowblower will help me to make certain that I provide correct instructions on disassembly of the unit in order to replace the impeller.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Briggs and Stratton 1450 series "snow" model 250000. Made for Sears

I need the Sears model number and serial from the frame of the snowblower itself. The information that you are giving me is the engine numbers.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Model c950-52546
Serial(###) ###-####

Okay, so if I understand you correctly you have the two parts of the machine split. You have removed the belts from the engine to the auger pulley on the rear of the auger housing.

You will need to remove the pulley on the rear of the housing. Remove the bolts on either side of the auger in the front of the unit and then slide the auger assembly out of the housing. Then you will be able to access the impeller in order to remove it from the main shaft and replace it.

I am including a couple of diagrams that may help you with disassembly and reassembly of the auger housing with this comment.

I hope that this information is helpful to you. Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience using the star rating system provided.