Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I have an odd question. Just got a single stage electric

Customer Question

I have an odd question. Just got a single stage electric start snowblower. The dealer set it up, and I heard them run it less than a minute. I now got a call that they said "oops! we forgot to put the oil in!" I have yet to attend to it, but I wonder whether I should press for a new machine or if the normal oiling applied at transport would protect it from such a light trauma. The machine was not even warm. My fear is not that it will seize, but that serious life has been lopped off the engine.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes, yes.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I will add the oil, though I think I will change the oil out much sooner than the recommend 2 hours/
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I read your question and concern. I would tell them that you have concerns about that and that you paid for a new machine and if they think it won't be damaged to give you an extended warranty or a new one nothing less. Then they may be more Cassius in the future. Stand your ground, your the consumer spending your hard earned dollars.