Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Curtis, I bought a briggs engine, 44N8770008G1 and need to

Customer Question

Hi Curtis
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I bought a briggs engine, 44N8770008G1 and need to know the wiring coming from the engine.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: There is a red, black, grey and green.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. I want to hook it up to a sears craftsman frame that is about 10 years old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The engine is brand new
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The wireing harness on the old frame has an orange, blue and black wires coming from the ignition.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Check the link above. The various wiring styles overs are covered in the Briggs manual.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This didn't help me. I need to know what wires coming from the ignition harness are wired to the engine harness on the new motor.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Sorry, I would check the old engine and new engine and see where each wire goes, coils, starter solenid, fuel solenoid in carburetor and use the similar connection for the new engine.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I know the old engine had a manual choke and didn't have a electronic fuel shut off. I'm going to print off your link, maybe that info will help. I'm also going contact Briggs and Stratton to get a owners anual on the new engine.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

The solenoid in the carburetor is anti-backfire solenoid, it is not a fuel shutoff solenoid. If it were mine , I would remove it and plug the hole! That will eliminate that one.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Did you get to compare the two engines? Problem solved?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Problem is not solved, I still haven't got the old frame ignition wires hooked up to the new engine.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

old engine, what are wire colors and where does each go? New engine, wire colors and where does each go?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What is going on here????? I have not got my question answered and now have been charged $28.00 on the 11th of Jan. Your answer did not help me.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want a refund.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I sent request for refund to moderator.