Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My honda eu2000i generator won't run. It's starts for a

Customer Question

My honda eu2000i generator won't run. It's starts for a second or two then shuts down. I've drained the carb and cleaned the air filters
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Tank is full of fresh gas. Vent on fuel cap is on
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's it I think
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

When did it last run? Have you checked the fuel flow to the carburetor from the tank?

I'm thinking that the carburetor is not getting enough fuel to it, or the float and needle valve are stuck, not letting enough fuel through, to keep engine running.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It ran earlier this afternoon for a while the. Died. Haven't been able to keep it started sunce

Does it have spark, if you remove the spark plug and ground it, need to have spark at plug tip while cranking. If it has spark, does it have compression? Use finger with rag over the spark plug hole, while cranking, it should have enough compression to move your finger. If it has park and compression, put a teaspoon of fuel int the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will run for a few seconds. If it does, fuel is not getting thru carburetor.