Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a D130 - 22 hp -724cc mower. When servicing, I cannot

Customer Question

I have a D130 - 22 hp -724cc mower. When servicing, I cannot remove the right side bolts on the mower deck black housing to grease the spindle idler pivot and clean out debris . The head of the bolt is directly against the housing allowing absolutely no space to put the 10 mm socket on.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Product ID - 1GXD130EEGG72479/
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO thanks.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

Are you still in need of assistance?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have no answer
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for your reply.

Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

There is very likely a build up of dirt around the head of your bolts. Use a small screwdriver and some compressed air to clean this area.

Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

Afterwards try putting your socket on one of your bolts again. You may have to lightly tap your socket with a hammer, to get it on the head of your bolts.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
PLEASE LISTEN - The bolt head is flush against the plastic body housing with absolutely NO SPACE to put a socket overtop. A screwdriver will not fit there to clean it out. How was it even possible to put it on at the factory?
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you are saying. That is a tight fit.

Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

Can you take a picture of the cover for me?

Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

Does your deck look like the one in the image above?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is a picture of it on page 39 of operators manual John Deere Tractors D 100 series (OMGX26097 - ISSUE H5 - ENGLISH). Left hand side of removing mower deck instructions. It must be removed to grease the spindle fitting
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that looks like it. The left side needed a special bent elbow socket wrench to loosen the inside bolt because the spindle on top took away my angle but I could not even approach getting anything on the right side bolt.
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for your reply. Is your deck 42"?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

Please take a look at the image below.

Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

According to your manual, there are three cap screws securing your left side belt shield, and two cap screws securing your right side belt shield. Is this correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
belt shield on right side of mower with 2 bolts.
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for your reply. Are your bolts located in the areas I have highlighted with the red arrows? These are troubleshooting questions.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The B side front most one. I gave up and did not even try the back one you have marked with a red arrow.
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

I wouldn't give up just yet. Can you take a picture of your bolts for me?

Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

Here is a picture of your right side shield ...