Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I BOUGHT AND HAD INSTALLED A 16 K FIXED GENERAC GENERATOR ON

Customer Question

I BOUGHT AND HAD INSTALLED A 16 K FIXED GENERAC GENERATOR ON 5/30/16. IN SEPTEMPER MY ELECTRICITY WENT OUT AND IT CAME ON AS IT SHOULD. ABOOUT TWENTY MINUTES LATER IT ELECTRICITY CAME BACK ON AND IT SHUT OFF AS IT SHOULD. ABOUT 10 MINUTES LATER THE ELECTRICITY WENT OFF AND BACK ON AND THEN OFF AGAIN BUT THE GENERATOR WOULD NOT START. I'VE BEEN TRYING EVER SINCE TO GET A CERTIFIED TECH TO REPAIR IT. I HAD TO GO THRU HURRICANE MATTHEW FOR FOUR DAYS WITHOUT ELECTRICITY. I CALL GENERAC CUSTOMER SERVICE DURING THE HURRICANE AND GOT NO HELP AT ALL. THIS UNIT IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY BUT I LOOKS LIKE MY WARRANTY MAY RUN OUT BEFORE I CAN HAVE IT REPAIRED.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: THE PROPANE TANK IS FULL.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: NO! LIKE I SAID, IT'S UNDER WARRANTY.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'VE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO START IT BUT THE ENGINE JUST TURNS OVER WITHOUT CRANKING.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the question you have, or what is it that you are needing help with?