Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Bobcat 2200s. When I shift to forward or reverse

Customer Question

I have a Bobcat 2200s. When I shift to forward or reverse the engine dies. The shifting has become harder as if there is a "clutch" out. I s my transmission shot?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: Id guess 2008. It is a Kubota Diesel. The engine start and runs fine in Neutral.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This problem just manifested itself. No leading indicators of a problem. Transmission fluid was "thin." I changed it tonight. Also I was able to get it in gear when I rolled it forward
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 days ago.

Shifting is via cables is it not?Have you checked the cables, by removing cables at the shift lever to check what is getting hard to move? As for the engine dying, this engine kills with key, so it has an electric fuel solenoid. If it has the one , to the left of the injection pump, it may be shutting off due to a safety switch. Quick test is to remove the two mounting bolts for the solenoid and see if engine still dies. If engine continues and does not die, it is being killed by a safety switch,

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 days ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 days ago.

I see question is still open. Did you find cables to be problem?