Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Curtis, Just wondering what upgrade to a domestic house

Customer Question

Hi Curtis, Just wondering what upgrade to a domestic house electrical wiring is required to connect a fuel driven generator. The house is connected to the national grid which is off for at least 6 hours per week
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: NOt purchased yet - it will be required to purchase the right one to drive a large house with underfloor heating and 4 electrical geysers, pool pump etc
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is it typical to attach the back-up power without having to change the wiring. If not what is the most common upgrade costs (Excl installation purchase of the engine)
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 16 days ago.

If wiring is adequate now, it will require no upgrade, you will just need the generator and a transfer switch, so the unit will come on when power is lost. The transfer switch wires directly into the existing power panel, by a electrician.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 days ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I did thank-you
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 days ago.

Please rate to close and get me credit! Thanks.