Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

Got a black max generator, Honda powered, and the mice

Customer Question

Got a black max generator, Honda powered, and the mice chewed off two wires. they come out of a cylinder hooked to the governor on the engine and cannot find what they should connect to
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: GX390 7000 watt about 4 years old. It belongs to the neighbor and I am trying to fix it for him
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: its two wires that are white with a red stripe. Have looked at others and they have wires coming out of a two hole rubber grommet next to the flywheel
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 14 days ago.

Is there a model number for the generator? Looking at typical 7000 watt Black Max, there are no white.red stripe wires shown in the wiring diagram, and looking at the Honda GX390, it shows none either. Any wires coming from under the flywheel would have to be the stator wires for charging battery and would go to voltage regulator.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Don't have it right now as it is at the neighbors. I believe those wires are on the Honda motor. Think it has something to do with governor
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 14 days ago.

Yes, most likely, but governor would not be connected to the stator under the flywheel.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 14 days ago.

Not sure what me calling you would do to help!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
no one seems to be able to answer my question
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 days ago.

Let me opt out, so someone else may be able to help!

Expert:  Vince O. replied 10 days ago.

Hello, if the unit has an auto throttle on it they could come from it and connect to the circuit board. Black max doesn't show much and I don't think the engine breakdown will either.Can you give me the engine numbers? Look below the oil alert sensor. (ex : GCBCT-1887901 and QXA)