Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 48 inch riding exmark mower. was running great then

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a 48 inch riding exmark mower. was running great then when i went to start it back up it only clicks. I have checked all fuses replaced the ignition i am getting power to the safety switches. and can hear them clicking over witch would seem to me that they are working. Not sure what the next step i should take is
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: My problem seems electrical. It starts right up by jumping the cylidoid. I can move it around but the pto won't engage the blades though
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i think we covered it
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 13 days ago.

Where and when do you get the click? Does it click the starter solenoid when you go to the start position, or is the click just the fuel solenoid at the carburetor when you turn the key on?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 13 days ago.

If the starter solenoid clicks, either the solenoid is not getting full 12 volts from keyswitch, or the solnoid is bad.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
its getting a click from the fuel solenoid. Not doing anything from the starting solenoid unless we jump it, then it fires right up. But after its started up the pro won't engage the blades. But we are getting power at the pro switch
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
when i bring in the arms on the zero turn i can hear the safety switches clicking as well. So i tend to think its not the safty switches at the arms
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 13 days ago.

It will be a safety switch, seat or arm, switch may click , but is the connection good between the switches? The switches have to complete the start ground circuit.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
can i jump those switches to see if thats they issue?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 13 days ago.

Yes, but you may have to check continuity between them , if that does not work.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 days ago.

I see question is still open. Did you find problem? Please rate to close.