JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Have a gravely model # 992254 29 hp 2 series 60" riding lawn

Customer Question

have a gravely model # 992254 29 hp 2 series 60 " riding lawn mower. how do i find a manual for service on this item.
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: a gravely model # 992254 bought from harco rentals in winder ga. approx. 8 months ago brand new
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no i just need the manual thanks jack
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
did u receive m visa card number and are are you going to send my manual by email or us mail jack
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 13 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you provide the serial number from your machine so that I can provide you with the correct service manual for your unit?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
no i dont have that info
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
did you receive my visa card
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 13 days ago.

I will assume that it has been provided. However, I do not receive that information it is all handled by the administrator of the site and customer service team. I work here on the site as an expert with 28 years experience in the lawn equipment and small engine repair industry. They handle the billing and I provide the answers.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
john, i sent my visa card number to them and now i'd like to know who will send the manual. jack
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 13 days ago.

I am including a link to the owners/operator manual that should have come with the machine.

http://apache.ariens.com/manuals/04791300A_ENG.pdf

Without the serial number from your machine all I can do is provide you with a service manual for that series of machine which will contain information for all of that series that was built. All of the information provided in the service manual may not pertain to your specific unit because it will be more general service not designed specific to your serial number.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 13 days ago.

I am working on getting a link for the service manual. You will get that in a moment.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 13 days ago.

I have two different manuals listed for that series of machine therefore I am sending you both links.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/62410/Gravely-Promaster-260z.html

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/971337/Gravely-Promaster-260z.html

I hope that these service manuals help you with information that you were needing.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
john thank you very much for your help. how are you sending the manuals jack
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 13 days ago.

You should have received two links to the manuals in my last response. If you click on either one of the links it will pull up the manual online, you can then download and save it or both of them to your computer if you want to or just save the links for future use.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank u John u have been very helpful. Good job
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 13 days ago.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience using the star rating system provided for you.

Have a great week!!!! Try to stay warm.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
i need a service manual on gravely model
# 992254 SERIAL # 53-1105798 ZERO TURN RIDING LAWN MOWER
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
john my serial # is 041092 model # 992254 pro turn 260 please see if you can now find the manual i need jack
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 10 days ago.

Based on the serial number information the correct manual is this one:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/971337/Gravely-Promaster-260z.html?page=6#manual

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
john i found my serial # 041092 model # 992254 gravely pro turn 260 i still need a service manual for it can you help with this info. jack