Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Motor starts and runs good for 30-45 seconds then shuts

Customer Question

Motor starts and runs good for 30-45 seconds then shuts itself off. It will restart immediately on first pull and then does the same thing all over again.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes to all the above.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We would like to if we can. Can you tell me if my generator is still under warranty - EACT-1042537? Thank you.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We had a cold snap...drained the fuel, drained the carburetor like it says in the manual. checked the fuel filter and changed all the fuel.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 15 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Unfortunately we can't tell you if your machine is still under warranty or not that is all based on purchase date and your proof of purchase or receipt. Most units will have a standard two year manufacture warranty, therefore if your machine is less than two years old it could still be covered under the warranty.

However this problem sounds like a fuel related issue and most manufactures will not cover that under their warranty.

Did you clean the main jet and fuel nozzle on the carburetor? If not this would be my first step for troubleshooting or repairing your machine.