Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Onan Marquise 5500 Gold generator in my RV. It

Customer Question

I have a Onan Marquise 5500 Gold generator in my RV. It starts and runs for 9-10 (consistently) and then stops. It will not start again for 1-2 hours, it then will run for 9-10 min and stop. Before it stop it make a several sound like it is applying more throttle but fails. The same behavior occurs with load or no load
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: I have tried to bypass the tank to hook the fuel line to an external tank, same behaviour
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have taken to a service place 3 time, never got it to work correctly
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have checked the standard items: new fuel filter, checked oil levels, it does not appear to be overheating (same behavior in 50 deg weather and 95 deg weather)
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the full model number of the genset?

When it runs for "9-10", is that seconds, minutes or hours?

While it is running, is it running smooth, or is it surging?