Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an AEG 2400W petrol generator (196cc) and recently it

Customer Question

Hi. My name is Gary. I have an AEG 2400W petrol generator (196cc) and recently it would not start after a long period of non use. I was cleaning the carburettor (there was a lot of old fuel residue) but when I tried to remove the float needle the top snapped off it. Now of course the fuel intake still doesn't work. Can I buy a replacement float needle?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It was only a week ago when I needed it but it wouldn't start (but would if I put starter fluid in the carburettor intake so I knew it must have been a blockage). I've done a web search for parts but come up with nothing useful.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. I've been working on engines all my life. Cursed myself when the needle head broke off, but it was solidly stuck with residue!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: The generator is only about 2 years old. It zalways performed perfectly, but it has not been used for over 12 months and there must have been some fuel still in the carburettor which dried out during that time.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. I just need to be able to get the part.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 days ago.

This looks to be what you have. But as an option, many auto suppliers carry needle valves and you may be able to match up with your old one.