Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

2000 ezgo truckster gas cart wont work in reverse forward

Customer Question

2000 ezgo truckster gas cart wont work in reverse forward just fine
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 17 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 17 days ago.

Transmission will not go into reverse? Engine runs same in forward and reverse unless it is the older 2 cycle engine that runs backwards for reverse. Is the transmission lever moving into reverse? May have to remove the cable from the lever and work it manually to test. May need cable adjustment, or a new cable.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
cables are fine, lever is moving, still wont reverse
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 17 days ago.

You have removed cable and tries to shift it manually and lever moves but no reverse? Then the problem is internal to the shift fork and gears. Transmission has to be removed and disassembled for repair,