Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I'm helping a friend, he has a new Victa mower (a little

Customer Question

I'm helping a friend, he has a new Victa mower (a little over a month old) that ran OK the first time, then it stopped on it's own.
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a VICTA 4 stroke with a GBSXS.1631VC engine. I have tried putting fuel in the air intake of the Carby and when I pulled the cord it starts until the fuel is used, then stops. it looks like the carby is crook, but Bunnings say its a user issue
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: The person I'm helping has a intellectual disability, and not able to handle almost anything mechanical, so the answer is YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What issues are involved to work on the carby
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Can you check the carburetor to see if it's getting fuel ?

It sounds like some thing could be something is blocking a fuel or air passage way in the carburetor or its not getting gas