Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have tecumseh 5.5 hp snowblower ser. # 1J275120407. No

Customer Question

Have tecumseh 5.5 hp snowblower ser. # 1J275120407. No spark. I think needs ignition coil. Where can I get one in Toronto, Canada? Where is it located on the unit?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: I bought this blower probably 15 years ago. Used it two seasons than it died. I haven't used it since, but I cleaned everything possible at first failure. What do you think it is ?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so! I crank it by using the electric starter, remove the spark plug wire and hold it close to the spark plug. No spark is visible. I think it is the coil. What do you think?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 20 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 20 days ago.

Need the model number of the engine.. But to check for coil failure, locate the coil next to the outside of the flywheel and remove the single kill wire to the coil, then check for spark, If no spark with kill wire removed,then you do need coil. If it does have spark, the kill circuit is shorted out.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I gave you all the info I can get out of the unit. May as well forget it. I
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 20 days ago.

number will be on the engine! Techemsch makes too many different models to just guess.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 20 days ago.

example hm55-12234