Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have the same Subaru engine and I'm not getting fuel into

Customer Question

I have the same Subaru engine and I'm not getting fuel into the fuel cup. The line must be plugged somewhere ahead of this, but where? Can the fuel shut off valve be plugged?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Fuel line can be plugged, or the fuel line can be collapsed, you may want to replace the fuel line!

I see question is still open, did you find the problem?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. I'm unable to access the fuel line on this particular model but I doubt that's the problem since the blower is only a few years old.

You should be able to remove the line from the carburetor ,then see if you can get fuel from tank, and blow back into the tank.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There's not enough room to push the clamp back and remove the hose. Even if I could, I'd never be able to get enough leverage to put it back on. I even tried removing the carborater. I tried blowing air from the fuel cup back to the tank with no success.

Remove the fuel cup, and blow into the tank to see if the fuel is open. The fuel should flow into the cup.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tried that with no success.

You are going to have to remove carburetor and check the fuel line and the carburetor!