Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Yamaha ef 2000 is that wont start. Has spark, bowl

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha ef 2000 is that wont start. Has spark, carburetor bowl full of gas,cleaned carb, what going on here?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes and full of gas
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

When did it last run? If you have spark plug removed, hold finger over spark plug hole and see if it has enough compression to move your finger. If not, valve may be stuck, or piston may be damaged.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Very, very poor answer. Didnt help me at all. From the conversation I feel I was the expert asking the questons. F-