Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a troy-bilt push mowere Model TB110 with the &S

Customer Question

I have a troy-bilt push mowere Model TB110 with the B&S engine. I have added too much oil. How do I drain or change oil. Do I need a siphon?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: It is probably 3 years old. When I mow it blows white smoke and the dip-stick shows it well over the fill lines
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible. Is it something I should have someone else do?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I also plan on changing the filter but I have done that before. If I change the spark plug can I get it gapped properly?
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 26 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 26 days ago.

You can tip unit over, and let some oil run out the oil fill pipe, or you can use a siphon pump or suction , to get oil level down. Once oil level is correct, the engine can be run, and the smoke will clear up in just a few minutes.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 19 days ago.

see question is still open, please rate to close.