Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My kohler lp generator will not start using the fuel system.

Customer Question

my kohler lp generator will not start using the fuel system. I put a small amount of propane directly into the carburator and it seems to start and run fine. So it looks like the problem is before the CARBURATOR. IT SEEMS TO ME TO BE POSSIBLY THE SHUT OFF VALVE OR THE REGULATOR RELATED??? hOW TO narrow it down. I assume check the shut off valve first?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: I just filled up with propane yesterday and I checked the shut off valve seems open.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes unless I cannot narrow it down. I was an aircraft mechanic now retired.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: low budget
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 23 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 23 days ago.

If you loosen fuel line after regulator , do you have fuel? Do you have fuel at carburetor? You may have to use a sop solution to check at the carburetor.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
It appears the engine is starving for propane because when started it dies out
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I'll check this out and see what is next it wI'll take me a while
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 23 days ago.

OK>