Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Second opinion] - How do we adjust gas flow on Husqvarna

Customer Question

Second opinion] - How do we adjust gas flow on Husqvarna Lawn Mower Model 850RSE Serial number #601100021. The mower just started to run to slow, keeps stalling out.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes, we have tried all the things we can think of so far. Was it preset, and locked? But we do not see how to adjust the running speed of the motor
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just need to know where the location of adjusting screw is, are unable to find.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Gas flow is not adjustable. What is adjusted is the spring tension on the governor spring on top of the carburetor. You have to remove the air cleaner to get to the linkage and spring, then with engine running pull on the springs to see which one raises the speed. Then add tension to this spring, usually done by bending the bracket the spring is attached to. Bend in very small increments, until you get speed you like.

like this

The spring to the right would raise the speed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We will do that now, maybe it got bent that causes the problem. Hope that is the problem.
Will answer you when we do that.Sincerely
Bob and Mariou

Thanks!

I see question is still open. Did you get speed to increase?