Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a new flotec water transfer pump. the pull cord froze

Customer Question

i have a new flotec water transfer pump. the pull cord froze uo. i took the spark plug out and it pulls freely with oil spurting out. i put it back and 1 pull and froze again.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: today first day. we've been using it at a pool in a creek to water horses. using pump about 2 weeks with no issue. fluid levels are good in pump. it completely locks while plug is in, i loosened it slightly and air sucks around spark plug
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if i can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: its model fp5455 6.5 hp don't see a trouble shoot guide for this problem
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 23 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 23 days ago.

Should be no oil in the cylinder. Is oil level over full or thinned with gas in the oil? Engine locks when the cylinder fills with liquid!

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Maybe too full, she ran off with it in back of truck. I'll check when she gets home. Oil was light colored but might be because it's only been used a few times. She said it's almost 2 years old but never used till 2 weeks ago. Been fine till today.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 23 days ago.

OK< I think the oil in cylinder, which is not normal is your problem! Maybe the engine got dumped over, riding it around in truck, and caused the oil to enter the cylinder.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 18 days ago.

I see question is still open, did you find problem? Please rate to close.