Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

The transmission on my Pony riding lawn mower will not go

Customer Question

the transmission on my Pony riding lawn mower will not go forward, only in reverse.
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Troy-Bilt Pony Model13WN77Ks011
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: At least the trouble shooting for a diagnosis and then go from there.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, don't think so at this time.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 28 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 28 days ago.

Transmission is a direct gear drive transmission and driven by drive belts from engine. The F/R change is made by the shift lever on transmission. With you having drive in reverse, problem is at transmission. Try moving the shift lever at the transmission manually to see if it is the linag not letting the lever go to the forward position. If the lever is moving, then the problem is internal to the shift fork inside the transmission and transmission has to be removed and split to repair.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 23 days ago.

I see question is still open, did you get to check the shift lever at the transmission?