Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

How do I get the hub off of an exmark zero turn mower, lazer

Customer Question

how do I get the hub off of an exmark zero turn mower
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: lazer z advantage series model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i bought a hub puller and i either do not know how to use it or it just won't come off
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
are you there
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 28 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
How do i get the hub off of my x-mark zero turn mower
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
are you there?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 28 days ago.

You have the nut and washer off the end of the shaft,and have the hub puller installed and the hub, so the push bolt goes against of the shaft? And is too tight to come off? The hub is on a tapered shaft and will be super tight. You either have to apply heat to the hub,without getting shaft hot, or use a hammer on the hub . When it comes loose it will fall off, as soon as it comes loose on the tapered shaft.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I have tried all that