Mark Dotson
Mark Dotson,
Experience:  Master Service Technician at Mark The Mechanic
96841950

I'm just on here reading about generators. Our guy poured

Customer Question

Hi, I'm just on here reading about generators. Our guy poured too much oil in our briggs portable generator and the circuit breaker won't reset
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it is 4 months old, Briggs & Stratton 030235-01 Portable Generator
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i don't but my husband and colleague will
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the oil was changed this morning, over filled, the generator started but was smoking out for 10-15 minutes, it cleared up and was running put won't power anything thank you pearl
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Mark Dotson replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** and am happy to assist with the problem you are having.

I can see that the generator was smoking and it would do that if it was overfilled. Overfilling the generator engine with oil should not have affected the generator portion of the machine. If this unit is only 4 months old, I would opt for looking into a warranty claim for it.

Here is some information that will help you get started in that direction. https://www.briggsandstratton.com/na/en_us/support/warranty.html

If this concludes our troubleshooting, please rate my response. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask. My goal is to do my best to help you remedy your small engine problem and continue to keep my high rating as a Technician.