Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have same issue as noted above with Troy built tb2bp ec

Customer Question

I have same issue as noted above with Troy built tb2bp ec 2cycle blower. Can get started barely on full choke but once running it stops running
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: New mixed fuel 40:1 . I do not think this model has a fuel shutoff?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes I have been working on it . I hope I did not damage it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I was able to get it to run for a few minutes but as soon as I went to half choke it died. Hard to start so a sprayed a little ether to get it going
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 28 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 28 days ago.

When did it last run? Has it been in storage? Was fuel treated? Have you checked or replaced the fuel lines? You seem to be starved for fuel and that can be fuel supply, or the carburetor plugged with varnish. Also the muffler/spark arrester could be plugged with carbon.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
it seems starved for fuel. Yes the unit has been in storage since last fall. I have not checked the muffler spark aresstor. Same fuel lines that look clear but need to check again
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 28 days ago.

Check the connections on the fuel lines, as they can split where they are slipped on to the carburetor or primer.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I will have to get off line now but I will call back in morning with the unit in front of me. What is good phone number to call?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 28 days ago.

Calls are extra charge, but I will be here on computer in AM. We can work from there, without any added charges.