Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

A question regarding a 48C mower deck [circa 1999]. I am

Customer Question

Greetings: A question regarding a 48C mower deck [circa 1999]. I am unable to find the part name so, please bear with me. There are three brake rods that are connected to a single control unit. This is the part in question. It seems to me that it is comprised of 2 parts; one is to be stationary while I think the other part moves on the first part. I believe that my part is seized; no movement at all. Therefore the braking capacity is compromised. Am I correct in assuming that I need a new part or, can I labour to free up the part if indeed it does move on the part that is bolted to the deck?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

# 3 in the above link are the brakes for the spindle pulleys, each one should move and contact the pulley when deck is shut off. You need to free up the stuck parts! This only affects the blade brake, and has nothing to do with the transmission brake for the tractor.

I see question is still open, did you see my links and find what you needed?