Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Cali Cruiser 150 Scooter that will start right up

Customer Question

I have a Lance Cali Cruiser 150 Scooter that will start right up and run for about 2 seconds, at which point it dies and wont start back up. If I let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes, it'll again start right up and then die. I smell gas after each of these attempts as if the engine is being flooded. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Bill McCusker replied 1 month ago.

Hello welcome to Just answers. My name is ***** ***** try to solve this together.

Have you checked for spark?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi bill. The motor does turn over and fire the first time I start it. It just dies after a couple of seconds
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
spark should be fine right?

not always you might have spark and then it fails.. i would check for spark to see if it cuts out every once in a while.

is the fuel in the unit new?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok what's the best method to make sure I've got a persistent spark? The fuel is a few months old

i would get a spark tester and make sure the light is lighting up when it turns over