Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a pony that just stopped. When placed in gear it is

Customer Question

I have a pony that just stopped. When placed in gear it is in neutral. All belts are tight, engine runs fine, etc. I found a round stainless steel plate on the top of the blade housing but do not know it it is anyway involved or just a piece of junk I managed to pick up.When shifting the transmission the lever moves right to the frame and stops. Should it extend below the frame; I wonder if it is bent?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: Its two years old, rarely used but when used on tough terrain. Never has done this.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I know of
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Model number? Rider mower? Not a Pony tiller? Do you have owners manual showing the drive and belt?