Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I've taken the mower deck each year when I use my 20hr

Customer Question

I've taken the mower deck each year when I use my 20hr Courage Kohler Troybilt Bronco to plow. I love my tractor. But this year, suddenly, the blades stopped turning and everytime I tried to engage the PTO lever, it would be extremely hard to move, and when I pushed it all the way down, the blades would not turn. What do you think is wrong? Could you please give me instructions on how to make it work again. I have grass to cut, and leaves to pick up. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Tractor has belts for drive and deck. From your description, the drive belts and the deck belt need to be checked. I'm thinking you have has a belt come off one of the pulleys and now has affect both drive and deck blades.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't think the deck belt has come off a pulley. But it is rather loose. I bought my Troybilt Bronco in 2012 and haven't had to change any belts. The tractor runs just fine when the deck is removed, so I think the drive belt is ok. I wonder why it is so difficult to move the PTO handle. It seems binding on something or stuck.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cant afford another $24.00. So I am happy using email.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

PTO handle has the cable that goes to the deck. Could the cable be bound up on something?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Site trying to upsell! Sorry. I Like email!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have looked repeatedly, but can find anything. Of course I can't see it until it comes out under the tractor.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

yes, and it's dark.. I will be here tomorrow.