Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Model sv590 runs fine no load.... add load engage blades and

Customer Question

model sv590 runs fine no load.... add load engage blades and engine begins to hack and sputter
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

What have you done? Spark plug replaced? Fuel and air filter changed? The carburetor fuel bowl been drained? Valves ever been adjusted?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Sounds like lack of fuel when the engine needs extra fuel.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I should have been more specific, engine makes enough power for tractor to climb steep hills, can over power the parking brake. It's when parasitic electric load is applied the engine starts to die, however the same battery has been starting the tractor for last 8 years
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

!! Really, your battery is 8 years old? Wow, that is a first. I know you won't believe it, but , check the battery voltage when you turn on the blades . If it drops below 12 volts, replace the battery!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Engine has electric fuel solenoid in the carburetor, if voltage drops below 12 volts, this solenoid can try to cut off the fuel supply.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 26 days ago.

I see question is still open, did you find problem?