Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have a 2006 genrator on a motorhome. Everytime in the past

Customer Question

I have a 2006 genrator on a motorhome. Everytime in the past when tried the gen started. It will not start now. It will turn over and will not start. Even after pressing the primer switch for 8 sec. and then trying to start. nothing.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: The fuel tank if full and nothing has been touched and everything is just as it was. It cranked ok about two months ago. I did try to crank yesterday then realized that the gas tank on the motorhome was probably below 1/4 full. Added fuel and filled tank. still no luck
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: probably not if too complicated. Did check the two wires that go to a silenoid maybe under the fuel bowl on the carb. power is there when start button is engaged
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: WE did remove air filter and gave a squirt of starting fluid then his start button and gen chanked up. ran a few seconds and stopped. tried starting fluid again and did same thing. stumped at this point
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 3 months ago.

What generator do you have?

What are the brand, model and serial numbers?