Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have a mod 5BGMFA B26105D Generator in my motorhome and

Customer Question

I have a mod 5BGMFA B26105D Generator in my motorhome and the carb needs to be rebuilt. I have been told that it a part no.(###) ###-####carb ands thereis no rebuild kit or gaskits for it. what do I do.
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: the make is an onan modBGM mod yr 1994
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no just need parts to rebuild the carb
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

You have been told correctly - you can not get parts for your carb. This carb can not be rebuilt, thanks to the EPA and the California Air Resources Board.

The only fix is to replace the carburetor.

Expert:  Hank F. replied 4 months ago.

I know this was not what you wanted to hear, but was it what you wanted to know?

Expert:  Hank F. replied 4 months ago.

Was this what you wanted to know?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That is what I was told to Miami by owner I have no idea where we're going to get gaskets for this thing you need to try to put it back together and get it working but thank you just the same for your hard work
Expert:  Hank F. replied 4 months ago.

You can get carb mounting gaskets, because it is not part of the actual carb, but you can not get a bowl gasket. There are no carb parts available.

If you need, I can get you the part number for the carb mounting gasket and the air box - to - carb gasket.

Thank you for using Just Answer, and please remember to take a moment to rate my performance.