Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a onan 2.8 micro lite. The 5 amp fuse keeps blowing

Customer Question

I have a onan 2.8 micro lite . The 5 amp fuse keeps blowing on the right side . What shall I trouble shoot first .?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this? What confuses you?
Customer: Just purchased a 97 coachman and it has never worked . Took it out of the compartment and it had 20 amp fuses from the other owner . Found his power was grounding out in the back . I can get it started ,but , soon this same fuse keeps blowing
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Just put a new filter and have it on the ground with plenty of fuel
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can figure the problem . I'm in the mountains about 60 miles from the nearest onan tech
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No , that's all I know at this point
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have you had any luck yet ? What should I trouble shoot next ?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This fuse shorting out usually indicates there is a short on this fuses circuit.The short may be with the wiring leading from this fuse or one of the components this fuse feeds signals to.I would have the wiring/circuit checked leading from this fuse for any issues and if any issues are found they will need repaired to resolve this here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete